The most widely used freeware and open source automation tool is Selenium. Selenium has a lot of advantages when it comes to testing automation. It also allows for recording and playback for testing web applications, as well as the execution of numerous scripts across multiple browsers. The advantages of Selenium test automation apply to a wide range of industries.
What is selenium?
Selenium is an open-source automated testing tool that may be used to test web applications in a variety of browsers. Unfortunately, Selenium can only test web applications, hence desktop and mobile apps cannot be tested. HP’s QTP, on the other hand, can be used to test software and mobile applications.
What makes Selenium such a popular testing tool?
- Selenium can test web applications in Firefox, Chrome, Opera, and Safari, among other browsers.
- Java, Python, Perl, PHP, and Ruby are just a few of the programming languages that can be used to create tests.
- Selenium is platform-agnostic, which means it can run on Windows, Linux, and Macintosh computers.
- Selenium may be used to handle tests with technologies like JUnit and TestNG.
Advantages of selenium testing
The Selenium testing training helps you to learn automated testing as a certified tester. It has various advantages, including:
- Selenium has proven to be quite exact in terms of outcomes, making it extremely dependable.
- Because Selenium is open-source, anyone interested in learning to test can do so for free.
- Selenium is compatible with a wide range of programming languages, including Python, PHP, Perl, and Ruby.
- Selenium works with a variety of browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, and Opera.
- Selenium is simple to use and does not necessitate much knowledge of the technology on the part of the engineer.
- Selenium comes with a lot of reusability and add-ons.
Selenium WebDriver was created in 2006. Selenium webDriver training with Java was the first cross-platform testing framework that allows users to configure and control browsers at the operating system level. It was used to design and run test cases in a programming interface. WebDriver is a tool for manipulating web components. It supports several programming languages, including Java, C#, PHP, and Python. It may also be used to handle tests with frameworks such as TestNG and JUnit.
The grid is created with the sole purpose of reducing test execution time. This was made easier by delivering the test commands to multiple machines at the same time. Selenium Grid enables the execution of tests in parallel across several browsers and operating systems. Grid is extremely adaptable and connects with other suite components to allow for concurrent execution.
Wrapping it up
Check out Selenium Tutorial for Beginners to learn more about Selenium and how the various suite components function and functions Selenium automation testing. Are you thinking about pursuing a career as an automation engineer? A certification course will be very useful, so look into Selenium certification training, which will teach you how to master the entire Selenium suite.